1. Over 80% of adults and children live in a constant state of dehydration.
2. Not having enough water in your system may promote build-up of kidney stones. Water is needed to flush out waste products in order to dissuade kidney stones from forming.
3. Hydration is directly correlated with a person’s ability to concentrate. The ability to concentrate is critical in achieving outstanding performance in work and school.
4. If you feel hungry, try sipping on water instead. Fact is, hunger may be mistaken for your body actually needing water.
5. Waiting until you are thirsty is not the best indicator to let you know that you are dehydrated. The thirst mechanism will only kick in once you are already at a mild state of dehydration. Checking the color of your urine is the best indicator to being in a healthy state of hydration.
6. 75% of your brain is made up of water.
7. Water is the only drink that your body requires, next to being a vital element in human survival. We can only live without water for a few days.
8. Beer is mostly made up of water – 95% water and 5% alcohol. Drinking beer will not help with hydration, which is why you may get a hangover from drinking too much of it. A hangover is a strong result of dehydration.
9. Soda is a diuretic, causing you to urinate excessively. When this happens, you must drink water to replace the fluid lost or you will remain in a state of dehydration.
No comments yet.